Special Educational Needs
At Oasis Academy Brightstowe, we aim to provide access and opportunities for all students without discrimination.
Our SEN information report gives information to parents and carers of children who have, or may have, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). We hope that the information below will answer any questions you have about the type of support we provide at Oasis Academy Brightstowe. We welcome the thoughts of our current or future parents on how we can improve the information we give you about SEND provision at our school.
If you would like to talk to us individually about your child or any issue relating to SEND, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then put you in touch with Rachel Avon, who is our Associate Assistant Principal for Inclusion (SENCO), or another member of the team.
Special Educational Needs at Oasis Academy Brightstowe
At Oasis Academy Brightstowe, we believe that all children and young people should be equally valued. We aim to ensure that every student with special educational needs:
- Fully included in Academy life
- Is a successful learner
- Is supported to learn at a pace appropriate to their abilities and development
- Has their strengths and capabilities recognised and valued and any additional needs supported, whether these are social, behavioural, physical, medical, emotional or academic.
- Is healthy
- Stays safe
- Enjoys school and achieves well
- Makes a positive contribution to Academy life and has the tools they need to succeed in adulthood.