At Oasis Hub: North Bristol, we aim to have the community at the heart of everything we do.
Oasis Academy Brightstowe is part of the Oasis Hub: North Bristol (OHNB). We are joined by Oasis Academy Bank Leaze and Oasis Academy Long Cross, serving the communities of Shirehampton, Lawrence Weston, Sea Mills and Avonmouth.
The Hub is run by Oasis Community Partnerships (OCP), a sister charity to Oasis Community Learning, and is therefore a charity in its own right. OCPs overarching aim is to transform the communities within which it works and to develop a sense of belonging within everyone involved.
Oasis Hub: North Bristol work to provide community services and activities to meet the needs of the local residents. The Hub is made up of the Oasis Academies, the Community Services Team and the Long Cross Children's Centre.
The Community Services Team focusses on the area of Lawrence Weston, with two of the key prorities being to buld social capital across the commuinty, and to develop business and enterprise projects with an aim to creating sustainable income and reducing reliance on grants. To achieve this it develops grassroots initiatives that empower local residents, through providing opportunities to develop new skills, leadership potential and positive life experiences.
Our projects include:
- The Oasis Community Shop: located on Ridingleaze, Lawrence Weston. This is a community shop that runs arts and textile courses for the local community, student REAL projects and affordable second-hand toys and clothes.
- Holiday Activities: a range of activities are run throughout all the Academy holidays. For more information, contact the Hub team at email@example.com for the attention of Aisling Bennett.
- Counselling Service: based at Long Cross Children's Centre, the Counselling Service is accessible to all members of the community. Again you can contact the Hub team for more information.
- Lawrence Weston Carnival: an annual community celebration held in June. We offer plenty of opportunity to get involved or join us to spectate on the day.
- Oasis Grows: gardening and healthy eating porject that runs across the three Oasis Academies.
- Family Support: the Hub oversees and supports the Family Support Team at Long Cross Children's Centre.
For more information on any of our projects, or to find out what we have coming up, please visit and like our Facebook page.