The academy canteen offers a great selection of healthy and tasty meals, with the menu changed each day.
A meal deal can be purchased for £2.40, which includes a main meal and a dessert. All food served complies with current government guidelines. Come back soon to see a sample menu.
In collaboration with Warburtons, the academy offers a free breakfast to all students consisting of toast and squash. This is available from the canteen between 8.00am and 8.40am
Free fruit and water is also provided to all students every day during break and lunch in the canteen. Please click here for details about our Food Service Provider
Applying for Free School Meals
Oasis Brightstowe are now using a service called Link2ICT for parents/carers to check for Free School Meals eligibility.
The benefits to this new system are:
- A simple online application process that takes less than 5 minutes and you receive instant notification of eligibility
- You only need to apply once during the 5 years that your child is here
- The system checks eligibility every week therefore should your circumstances change you will be updated by email using the email address that you supplied during the application
- Additional funding for the school for eligible student and you may receive reductions on purchases through Scopay e.g. trips and some equipment
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please see the video below which guides you through making an application, this will take less than 5 minutes and will be checked regularly therefore if your circumstances change and you become eligible your will be notified by Link2ICT (using the email address that you gave in the application process)
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here to download the Link2ICT FAQ document.
Apply online and receive instant notification of your entitlement at the following address: